Veneers – Cambria, CA
Transform Your Smile to Perfection
Do cracked, chipped, or stained teeth take away from the overall appearance of your smile? The good news is that you no longer need to hide it when the camera comes out. At Cambria Smiles, we offer high-quality veneers to cover up a world of cosmetic flaws and transform your smile to perfection. If your teeth have begun to show wear and tear over time, or you just have a couple pesky teeth you’re looking to touch up, veneers in Cambria may be the option for you! To get started with an initial consultation to learn more, just give us a call!
Why Choose Cambria Smiles for Veneers?
Can Last 15+ Years with Proper Maintenance
Flexible Financing Options Available
Dentists Committed to Advanced Training
What are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are thin shells of dental porcelain designed to be placed over the front-facing surfaces of the teeth to cover up aesthetic imperfections. The durable, natural-looking porcelain can effectively conceal a single damaged tooth or a mouthful of cosmetic flaws. Often times, they are used to address teeth that are chipped, gapped, misaligned, misshapen, stained, or undersized.
The Process of Getting Veneers
Dental veneers can be placed in as little as two appointments. During the first one, we will carefully examine your teeth and gums to ensure that they are healthy enough to support the new restoration. At this point, a small amount of protective enamel is removed to make room for your veneers. Impressions are taken of your teeth to be sent to the dental laboratory where your final restorations will be crafted.
In the meantime, you will be given a temporary set of veneers to wear in order to keep your prepared teeth safe and help you get used to how your permanent set will feel. As soon as your customized veneers are ready, you will return to the office for the final placement!
The Benefits of Veneers
Veneers have become more popular throughout the years thanks to their numerous benefits. Here are just some of the ones you can expect to experience:
- Natural Appearance: The porcelain material used to make veneers appears just like natural tooth enamel does.
- Quick Process: Veneers typically only require two visits to the dental office.
- Whitening Option: Dental veneers are more resistant to staining than natural tooth enamel, so you don’t need to worry about discoloration from pigmented foods and beverages.
- Long-Lasting: With proper maintenance, veneers can last upwards of 15 years before needing to be replaced.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Despite what you might have heard about the cost of veneers in Cambria, they are affordable for people from all walks of life. Various factors affect the amount you'll pay for cosmetic dentistry, but we will find the solutions you need to achieve a picture-perfect smile without spending your life’s savings.
Cost VS Cosmetic Dentistry: What's Right For Me?
You don’t have to be rich or famous to invest in cosmetic dentistry because there are many options to address common aesthetic flaws, like stains and gaps. As a result, there’s a treatment to fit your budget and preferences. Your cosmetic dentist in Cambria will examine your mouth and learn more about your goals to determine which procedures are right for you, which may include:
- Braces: Metal braces and clear aligners can fix many bite and alignment issues in 12 to 24 months. Although they are effective, it can be a long commitment if you only need to make minor adjustments.
- Teeth Whitening: Your teeth can get up to 8 shades whiter when used for age-related and surface stains. Your smile can stay bright for many months or years, depending on your aftercare routine, like brushing and flossing.
- Direct Bonding: Dental Bonding is a quick fix for minor imperfections. A composite resin is shaded to the color of your enamel to blend in with your teeth when treating decay, chips, or exposed tooth roots.
- Veneers: A veneer is a porcelain shell that's bonded to the front side of a tooth, improving its color, size, and shape. Applying veneers to the teeth visible when smiling corrects many aesthetic issues using one procedure. You can fix discoloration, chips, and gaps without needing multiple treatments, making them a cost-effective solution that's minimally invasive.
Your dentist will review all your options and explain the costs, so you'll know exactly what you'll have to pay before committing to anything.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
You can turn the smile of your dreams into reality with veneers in Cambria. A member of our team will review your estimate and discuss your payment options, including:
- Traditional Payments: Our office accepts all traditional payment methods, including cash, personal checks, and credit cards.
- Dental Insurance: Most dental insurance doesn't cover elective procedures unless they are medically necessary, like when needing replacement veneers. However, every situation differs. You might be able to use your insurance for certain steps in your treatment plan, like your consultation or preparatory procedures. We will work on your behalf with your dental insurance to maximize any appropriate coverage to lower the amount you’ll pay.
- Monthly Payments: You can pay any remaining balance using a monthly payment plan through a third-party financing company, like CareCredit. Based on your credit approval, you can enjoy little or no interest financing.
Everyone deserves to have a smile they are proud of. If you have questions about your payment options, or you're ready to schedule your consultation, contact our office today.
What Happens to the Teeth Under Veneers?
The veneers themselves do not harm the teeth, and only a minimal amount of enamel is removed. The bonding material used to attach the veneers is also completely safe. Ultimately, since the enamel is covered by the veneer, the procedure will not increase your risk of developing cavities. However, it’s still crucial that you brush and floss regularly to prevent tooth decay from occurring. You can protect your veneer with the same best practices you use for your other teeth: brush twice, floss, and rinse with mouthwash every day. Be mindful of the amount of sugar you are consuming and attend regular cleanings and checkups.
Is There Anyone Who Shouldn’t Get Veneers?
You shouldn’t get veneers if you have an existing oral health issue. If a veneer is placed over a cavity, the issue will worsen and become more difficult to treat later on. Gum disease can interfere with the veneer process as well. If the gums are bleeding or swollen, the impressions won’t come out as they should, and your veneers may not fit properly. Also – if you experience gum recession, they could reveal the margin of the veneer.
Do Veneers Change Your Face?
Veneers provide extra support for the mouth’s musculature and help to accentuate the cheekbones. The mouth loses elasticity and muscle tone as it ages. This is why the extra support from veneers can make a difference. During your consultation, your dentist can explain the impact your veneers will have on your face in detail.
Do Veneers Feel Like Real Teeth?
Many patients report that properly placed veneers feel completely natural inside their mouths. They don’t even notice them when speaking or eating. Veneers are carefully crafted based on impressions taken after a small amount of enamel has been removed. This helps to prevent the veneers from feeling or appearing bulky. Porcelain is also very smooth, so it will not irritate the soft tissues in the mouth.
Will I Still Be Able to Drink Coffee with Veneers?
Veneers made from porcelain are stain-resistant. This is because porcelain is a nonporous material, so the particles in dark-colored beverages have a harder time slipping beneath the surface and leaving stains. While you don’t need to worry too much about stains while drinking coffee, you should still be mindful. Veneers are not stain-proof, so excessive consumption of coffee can still have a negative impact over time. Moderation is key.